The stock YouTube app available on an Android phone (or on the Play Store) has few drawbacks for example if you minimize the app while you watch any video it stops playing, it does not allow PIP etc.
In this article I have brought the YouTube Blue APK that solves the problem. In addition to this, the app gives you more control on how you use the YouTube app on Android.
Let’s look at the features of the Blue YouTube app in detail in the next section.
Features of YouTube Blue app
When everyone uses something that becomes the standard even if it has limited features. The same goes with the default YouTube app that comes pre-installed on an Android phone.
It does not allow you to remove ads, does not play videos if you minimize the app etc. Well, the YouTube Blue APK is an app that is designed to add some more missing features over the stock app.
Below are the features available on the YouTube Blue app:
- It does not show ads on any video
- Allows you to minimize the app while playing the video
- Plays the YouTube video in a PiP mode (helpful if you want to watch video while chatting with someone etc.)
- Slider configuration to control Brightness from the video screen
- You can repeat a video to play again and again (not available on stock YouTube app)
- Built-in dark theme
- Configurable double tap to sleep
- Change country of watching (useful to watch restricted videos)
Android 11 Compatibility of YouTube Blue APK
I have a Samsung phone which was recently updated to One UI 3.0 which is based on Android 11 and suddenly the 13.46.51 version of the YouTube blue app asked me to update.
So, I have updated the app to version 14.21.54 which now works on Android 11 as well.
I have also added the above latest version in the download page. Make sure you download the latest version of the YouTube Blue app which is 14.21.54 and if it does not work, then only try the older version 13.46.51.
Basically this YouTube Blue app is a themed variant of the YouTube Vanced APK which was originally developed by an individual developer.
As this is a modified version of YouTube, this is not available on Google Play Store to download.
You can only download the YouTube Blue app from the below link.
How to Install youTube Blue on Android
- Download the YouTube Blue apk file from the above download link
- Enable app install from Unknown Sources to install apps from a third-party app other than Play Store. To do that go to Settings and search the word unknown
– For Android Nougat or lower click on Unknown sources and enable that setting.
– For Android Oreo or later, click on Install unknown apps which will take you to a list of apps. Select the actual app through which you want to install apk files.
For example: if you have downloaded the Youtube Blue app on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or go to Settings > search for unknown > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install
The YouTube Blue APK is one of a kind app that gives you more control while watching YouTube videos. Just like this app, we also have Youtube Pink APK, YouTube RED APK with all the same features but just a different theme.
If you only want to download videos from YT then try iTube app for Android which offers the same.
Leave a comment if you face any problem or if you need any help.
If you want more apps like this, then visit the Mod APK section.