Do you want to know how to unlock the bootloader of Tecno Camon 11 smartphone, and want to tweak system settings as well as customize your device? If yes, then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader Tecno Camon 11 smartphone. Moreover, the first step in customizing the device is basically unlocking the bootloader, after which you can go ahead and install TWRP as well as root your device. Rooting your device gives you the administrative or developer privileges by which you can install custom ROMs, install TWRP Recovery to flash any zip file, install restricted applications and more. You can also install a mod application on your device without any problems.
But, one thing to note is that the unlocking of bootloader voids the warranty of your device. So, it is better to let the warranty period get over and then unlock the bootloader on your device. However, if you love customization and tweaking with the settings of your device to explore new features on your device then, you are at the right place. The Tecno Camon 11 has the USP in the camera department with a dual-camera set-up at the rear. You have to keep in mind that this guide is only for the Tecno Camon 11 smartphone and we would not recommend you to perform the steps mentioned in this post for any other device.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Quick Specs Review of Tecno Camon 11
The Tecno Camon 11 was released on November 2018. This device is the mid-range model that sports some decent under the hood specs. It is powered by the Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm) processor which is paired with 3GB/4GB of RAM and coupled with PowerVR GE8320. The device has a battery capacity of 3750 mAh. Moreover, you get the option to choose between two different storage options i.e. 34GB/64GB. In the display department, you get a 6.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 x 1500 pixels with 268 PPI. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
Moreover, in the camera department, you get a dual-camera setup with a 13MP (f/1.8, wide-angle lens), a 2MP depth sensor. The camera features Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama, etc. In the front, you get a single selfie camera which is housed in the huge notch that sports a 16MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture that also has LED Flash and HDR. Another, nice feature that you get with the device is the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
How To Unlock Bootloader of Tecno Camon 11
But, before we head-on with the step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Tecno Camon 11 device, let us take a look at what is unlock bootloader and what advantages and disadvantages are there if you unlock the bootloader?
What is Bootloader and the Advantages of unlocking it?
As in all of my post which is based on unlocking the bootloader, I give out information to you, so that, you should be aware of what is a bootloader and what are the advantages or the benefits you get after unlocking it.
A bootloader is a piece of software that, will automatically run, every time you starts up your phone or device. Moreover, the bootloader commands the phone, what programs to load in order to make your phone run. Besides, it is very important to have a functioning bootloader as it the one that starts up your device. This is the reason why bootloaders are stored in a stable memory away from your reach on your device. But, there are methods and solution for every smartphone that can help you to unlock your bootloader. However, you need to follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
However, there are some disadvantages with unlocking the bootloader;
- You can void your warranty.
- There will be issues with official OTA updates.
- Moreover, you can brick your device or stuck in a boot loop if you do not follow the steps to unlock the bootloader carefully.
But, there are certain advantages once, you have unlocked the bootloader of your device;
- You can install any custom ROM of your choice such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc.
- Moreover, you can root your device.
- You can flash TWRP.
- You need a Windows Laptop/Desktop
- Make sure that you charge your device to at least 60% or more
- Take a complete backup of your device
- USB Cable
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Tecno Camon 11 USB Drivers on your PC
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Tecno Camon 11
As already mentioned above, you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to install custom ROMs, restricted apps, etc on your device. Please follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader of the device;
- Firstly, you need to enable the Developer Options on your device.
- To do this, go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable the OEM Unlock option as well. To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable OEM Unlock.
- Download and set-up the ADB and Fastboot tools on our PC.
- Now, you need to connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Wait until all the USB Drivers get installed on your PC.
- Now, head to the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools, and open the CMD or command prompt.
- Now, in the command prompt, enter the below command and press the Enter button on your keyboard;
- You will get a pop-up on your smartphone with a message “Always allow from this computer”. You need to press OK
- Type the below command to enter the bootloader mode, and press Enter;
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the below command to check whether your device is detected by the PC and all the Fastboot drivers are installed correctly or not;
(If your device’s serial number is listed in the list of connected devices then, you are good to go ahead. But, if your device’s serial number is not listed on the list then, you need to install all the drivers again)
- After that, you need to type (this command will wipe off the data on your smartphone):
fastboot oem unlock
- Lastly, enter the final command;
- That’s it! You have finally unlocked the bootloader of the Tecno Camon 11 smartphone.
You can now go ahead and root your device and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Tecno Camon 11 device. Note that this is method is only for unlocking the Tecno Camon 11 smartphone. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the unlocking of bootloader also helps you in installing the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Tecno Camon 11 device by unlocking its bootloader. Until the next post…Cheers!