Realme C2 was launched in April 2019 and packs in some decent for a budget smartphone. It is the second generation smartphone to the Realme C1 which was launched last year. In this post, we will share with you how to unlock the bootloader of Realme C2. You are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader Realme C2. Moreover, the first step in customizing the device is basically unlocking the bootloader, after which you can go ahead and install TWRP as well as root your device. Rooting your device gives you the administrative or developer privileges by which you can install custom ROMs, install TWRP Recovery to flash any zip file, install restricted applications and more. You can also install a mod application on your device without any problems.
But, one thing to note is that the unlocking of bootloader voids the warranty of your device. So, it is better to let the warranty period get over and then unlock the bootloader on your device. However, if you love customization and tweaking with the settings of your device to explore new features on your device then, you are at the right place. Note that this guide is only for the Realme C2 smartphone and we would not recommend you to perform the steps mentioned in this post for any other device.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Realme C2 Specification Overview
The Realme C2 is powered by the MediaTek Helio P22 chipset which is paired with either 2GB/3GB of RAM. The device has Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and PowerVR GE8320 GPU. You also get two storage options for the Realme C2 i.e. 16GB/32GB. Besides, you can expand the storage capacity up to 256GB via a microSD card and it has a dedicated card slot. In the display department, the device has a 6.1-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels, and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 with 282 PPI density. Under the hood, the device is powered by the huge 4000 mAh battery with the Quick Charge 4.0 support. The device runs on the latest Color OS 6 based on Android 9 Pie.
One of the main focal point or the USP of the device lies in the camera department. The device has a dual-camera set up at the back. You get a 13MP (f/2.2) + 2MP (f/2.4) shooters. the 2MP shooter is also the depth sensor that lets you take portrait images, and also has a LED flash. Moreover, the device has a protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the display. The device has the 3.5mm headphone jack but one of the negative points of the device is that it lacks a fingerprint scanner. The price of the smartphone is currently at INR 5,999 and is available via different online e-commerce websites.
How To Unlock the Bootloader of Realme C2
But, before we head-on with the step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Realme C2 device, let us take a look at what is unlock bootloader and what advantages and disadvantages are there if you unlock the bootloader?
What is Bootloader and the Advantages of unlocking it?
As in all of my post which is based on unlocking the bootloader, I give out information to you, so that, you should be aware of what is a bootloader and what are the advantages or the benefits you get after unlocking it.
A bootloader is a piece of software that, will automatically run, every time you starts up your phone or device. Moreover, the bootloader commands the phone, what programs to load in order to make your phone run. Besides, it is very important to have a functioning bootloader as it the one that starts up your device. This is the reason why bootloaders are stored in a stable memory away from your reach on your device. But, there are methods and solution for every smartphone that can help you to unlock your bootloader. However, you need to follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
However, there are some disadvantages with unlocking the bootloader;
- You can void your warranty.
- There will be issues with official OTA updates.
- Moreover, you can brick your device or stuck in a boot loop if you do not follow the steps to unlock the bootloader carefully.
But, there are certain advantages once, you have unlocked the bootloader of your device;
- You can install any custom ROM of your choice such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc.
- Moreover, you can root your device.
- You can flash TWRP.
- This method is only for the Realme C2 smartphone and should not be used for any other smartphone.
- You need a Windows Laptop/Desktop
- Make sure that you charge your device to at least 60% or more
- Take a complete backup of your device
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Realme C2
As already mentioned above, you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to install custom ROMs, restricted apps, etc on your device. Please follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader of the device;
- Enable Developer Options:
- Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Now, go back to the Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlock.
- To enable it, go to Settings>>Developer options>> Enable OEM Unlock
- Turn OFF your device completely.
- Download and set-up the ADB and Fastboot tools on our PC.
- Now, you need to connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Wait until all the USB Drivers get installed on your PC.
- Now, head to the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools, and open the CMD or command prompt.
- Now, in the command prompt, enter the below command and press the Enter button on your keyboard;
- The above command will show whether your device is detected by the PC and all the Fastboot drivers are installed correctly or not;
- The output would be like:
List of devices attached <device serial number> device(If your device’s serial number is listed in the list of connected devices then, you are good to go ahead. But, if your device’s serial number is not listed on the list then, you need to install all the drivers again)
- The output would be like:
- Type the below command to enter the bootloader mode, and press Enter;
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, enter the below command to unlock the bootloader of the Realme C2 device. Keep in mind that this step will wipe off the data on your smartphone;
fastboot flashing unlock
- Your device will now ask you to confirm. You can confirm using the Volume buttons
- Your device will now reboot.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Realme C2 smartphone.
You can now go ahead and root your device and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Realme C2 device. Note that this is method is only for unlocking the Realme C2 smartphone. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the unlocking of bootloader also helps you in installing the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Realme C2 device by unlocking its bootloader. Until the next post…Cheers!