Unlocking the bootloader on any device gives you the possibility of changing the system settings as well some other benefits as well. In this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola One Vision. Motorola launched its new mid-range smartphone launched in India on June 2019. What is interesting with the Motorola One Vision is that it is the first time that any other company is using the Samsung home built Exynos chipset. Moreover, like every other smartphone out there in the market, the Motorola One Vision also comes with a locked bootloader.
However, if you are into customization and love to fiddle around with the system settings of your device, the first step is to unlock the bootloader. Because, unlocking the bootloader will give you the immense possibilities of installing new custom ROMs like Lineage OS, custom mods, add-ons, etc. As the new Motorola One Vision is targeted for the mid-range customers, this device has some decent specs and by unlocking, you will be able to unlock its true potential. The device also has the latest punch-hole display and is the first smartphone from Motorola to feature one.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Motorola One Vision Specifications
The Motorola One Vision is powered by the Samsung built Exynos 9609 chipset which is paired with 4GB of RAM. The device has the Mali G72 MP3 GPU. Talking about the internal memory, the Motorola One Vision has 128GB of internal storage capacity and you can expand the storage to 512GB via microSD card. In the display department, the device packs a 6.3-inch Full HD+ IPS a punch-hole display. It boasts a screen-to-body-ratio of 82.5%. The resolution of the display is 1080×2520 with an aspect ratio of 21:9 and 432PPI. The Motorola One Vision runs on the latest Android 9.0 Pie and is based on the Android One platform.
The device also comes with IP52 water protection. In the camera department, at the back, the device has a dual-camera setup with 48MP (f/1.7, Wide)+ 5MP (f/2.2, depth sensor) sensors. In the front, you get a 25MP with f/2.0 aperture. The device also features 2K video recording, Slow motion video, Timelapse video, Hyperlapse video, Youtube Live Stream, etc. The Motorola One Vision has a battery capacity of 3500 mAh and supports quick charge as well. You get the fingerprint sensor at the back of the device which is a capacitive sensor. The Motorola One Vision is available in two colors – Bronze gradient and Sapphire gradient
How To Unlock the Bootloader of Motorola One Vision
Before we head into the instructions on how to unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy M40, let us take a look at what is bootloader and its advantages;
What is a Bootloader and the Advantages of unlocking it?
As in all of my post which is based on unlocking the bootloader, I give out information to you, so that, you should be aware of what is a bootloader and what are the advantages or the benefits you get after unlocking it.
A bootloader is a piece of software that, will automatically run, every time you starts up your phone or device. Moreover, the bootloader commands the phone, what programs to load in order to make your phone run. Besides, it is very important to have a functioning bootloader as it the one that starts up your device. This is the reason why bootloaders are stored in a stable memory away from your reach on your device. But, there are methods and solution for every smartphone that can help you to unlock your bootloader. However, you need to follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
But, there are certain advantages once, you have unlocked the bootloader of your device;
- You can install any custom ROM of your choice such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc.
- Moreover, you can root your device.
- You can flash TWRP.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device.
- Install Motorola USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Install ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Platform SDK Tools.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options: Settings>>Developer options
Steps to Unlock the Bootloader of Motorola One Vision
As already mentioned above, you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to install custom ROMs, restricted apps, etc on your device. Please follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader of the device;
- Turn OFF your smartphone.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down + Power Button together.
- Once you see your device booted in the Fastboot mode, release the buttons.
- Quickly connect your device to your PC when in Fastboot mode.
- Open a command prompt window on the folder where you have extracted the Platform Tool zip files.
- In the command prompt, enter the below command to get unlock code:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get a 5-line code on the screen. Copy the code and adjust them in one line using Notepad or Wordpad.
- Now, go to the Motorola unlock page and login with your Motorola Account details.
- Copy the code that you adjusted in one line and paste it on the Motorola unlock page.
- Now, you need to click on the “Can my device be unlocked” button.
- After that click on “Request unlock key” and click on “I Agree”.
- After some time, you will receive the unlock key in your email id.
- Now, you need to copy that received code and paste in place of “code” (without inverted commas) in below command and press Enter;
fastboot oem unlock “code”
- Enter the above command again and it will start to unlock your bootloader. Note that during this process, your data will be erased.
- After the unlocking process is completed, reboot your device.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Motorola One Vision.
You can now go ahead and root your device and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps and successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Motorola One Vision. Note that this is also the official method of unlocking the Motorola One Vision device. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the unlocking of bootloader also helps you in installing the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Motorola One Vision by unlocking its bootloader. Until the next post…Cheers!