Table of Contents
This post was last updated on April 9th, 2020 at 02:34 pm
The Pixel camera or well known as Google Camera (Gcam) APK file is now available to download for UMIDIGI S3 Pro. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera that is exclusively available on Google Pixel phones.
Google Camera is known for it’s HDR+, Portrait mode, Night sight mode, Google lens integration etc. which are exclusive to the Google’s Pixel camera app. No other camera app has a match to these features. Google Camera APK is only available for Google Pixel devices but developers have ported the same to other devices as well and that is why we have the GCam APK available for UMIDIGI S3 Pro phone.
So lets check out the working features of this build, how to download and install the GCam apk on UMIDIGI S3 Pro in the below sections!
About this Google Camera 6.1.021 Download for UMIDIGI S3 Pro:
This GCam APK for UMIDIGI S3 Pro is a port of Google Camera latest version 6.1.021 where Time Lapse feature was introduced.
Following are the features working on this Google Camera APK:
- Basic Google Camera features (HDR+/RAW/ZSL/Flash and etc.)
- Portrait Mode (Front/Rear)
- Night Sight (Front/Rear)
- Slow Motion
- Video Recording (1080p 60fps, 4K 30fps)
Except Slow motion rest of all other features of Google Camera is intact on this ported app. Personally I feel like the slo-mo feature of the MIUI camera is better as it provides 960fps super slow-mo video recording.
Download Google Camera APK 6.1.021 for UMIDIGI S3 Pro:
This build of GCam APK for UMIDIGI S3 Pro comes with just an APK file and does not need any xml configuration file.
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK 6.1.021 for UMIDIGI S3 Pro:
GCam APK 6.1.021 Download
– Camera2 API Enabler download (The phone must have ROOT access to enable this)
– Enable ROOT on UMIDIGI S3 Pro
How to Install the Google Camera APK on UMIDIGI S3 Pro:
- Enable the Camera2 API by flashing the camera2api enabler zip file using recovery or adding the following line in build.prop file:
- Then download the GCam apk fro UMIDIGI S3 Pro from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on UMIDIGI S3 Pro.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for UMIDIGI S3 Pro. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the UMIDIGI S3 Pro.
Visit the below link to get Google Camera APK download for other versions and for other devices as well.