Table of Contents
This post was last updated on April 12th, 2020 at 02:46 am
A build of “Redmi Note 8 Pro TWRP” running on Android 10 is now available to download. This step by step guide explains how to install or flash the TWRP image on the phone.
This “Redmi Note 8 Pro TWRP” is brought to you by developer(s) wzsx150.
If you have a bricked Redmi Note 8 Pro as a consequence of following this guide or something else, then here is a guide that explains how to unbrick Redmi Note 8 Pro with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to wzsx150 and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for wzsx150
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP build
– TWRP version: 3.3.1-9.0
– Supported Android Version: Android 9 and 10
– System-as-root (SAR) – True
Where to Download Redmi Note 8 Pro TWRP image?
Following is a list of files or guides required to download and install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 8 Pro. The next section has a step by step guide that explains when and how to use these files or guides in the process.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP 3.3.1-9.0 for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install ADB and Fastboot:
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on the Redmi Note 8 Pro
How to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
- Enable developer options and USB debugging and proceed to Unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Download the Redmi Note 8 Pro TWRP recovery image file.
- Enable developer options and USB debugging again.Bootloader unlock process resets the phone to factory settings. So, you need to enable the Developers options and USB debugging once again.
- Connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type the following command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by pressing some specific key combinations.
– If your phone asks permission such as ‘Allow USB debugging‘ then just tap on OK to proceed.
– If you see
no permissions fastbootwhile on Linux or macOS, try running fastboot as
- While the phone is in the bootloader mode, execute the following command to flash the TWRP:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.x-xx.imgWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.3.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the “TWRP for Redmi Note 8 Pro”
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing “TWRP on Redmi Note 8 Pro”.
Once it is done, execute the following command to reboot the phone by executing the following command:
fastboot oem reboot-recoveryIt is important to execute the above command to reboot into the TWRP recovery after flashing the TWRP. If rebooting to the system instead, it will replace the TWRP with the stock recovery again.
What to do after installing TWRP?
- You can flash magisk and enable ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Following are some extra resources for Redmi Note 8 Pro which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro
– Redmi Note 8 Pro GCam 7.3