A working build of TWRP for Poco F2 Pro is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Poco F2 Pro.
This Poco F2 Pro TWRP is brought to you by developer mauronofrio.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
About this TWRP for Poco F2 Pro
– TWRP version: 3.3.1-0
– Device Codename: lmi
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Built as System-as-root (SAR)
Where to download TWRP for Poco F2 Pro?
How to Install TWRP on Poco F2 Pro?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Poco F2 Pro.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Poco F2 Pro.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute one of the following command as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
fastboot flash misc misc.bin
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Poco F2 Pro.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Poco F2 Pro. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Poco F2 Pro
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Poco F2 Pro. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Poco F2 Pro.
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Poco F2 Pro
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Poco F2 Pro
Following are some extra resources for Poco F2 Pro which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Poco F2 Pro
– GCam for Poco F2 Pro