A working build of TWRP for OnePlus Nord is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on OnePlus Nord.
This OnePlus Nord TWRP is brought to you by the mauronofrio.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
Installing TWRP recovery on OnePlus Nord requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for OnePlus Nord
– TWRP version: 3.4.0-0
– Device Codename: avicii
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Built as System-as-root (SAR)
Where to download TWRP for OnePlus Nord?
- OnePlus Nord, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP for OnePlus Nord(codename: avicii)
- ADB and Fastboot utility.- 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on OnePlus Nord
How to Install TWRP on OnePlus Nord?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on OnePlus Nord.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and advance reboot.
- Now hold power key and select bootloader from the menu.
- You will boot into the fastboot mode.
- Now simply connect your device to the computer.
- Open the command prompt on your computer.
- Type this command and hit the enter key:
fastboot oem unlock
- Now you will get to see the new screen on your phone screen.
- Select bootloader unlock option appear on the screen by using volume buttons and click power button to confirm.
- Now wait for the unlocking process and after the successful unlocking, OnePlus Nord will reboot automatically.
OnePlus Nord bootloader is unlocked now proceed to the twrp installation guide.
- Download the TWRP recovery for OnePlus Nord.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- While the phone is in the bootloader mode.
Don’t flash the TWRP permanently, boot the TWRP recovery temporarily, the developer has clearly mentioned that don’t flash it because your device can get bootlooped by flashing the TWRP .Execute the below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.imgWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on OnePlus Nord.
That’s all on installing TWRP on OnePlus Nord. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
What to do after installing TWRP on OnePlus Nord?
- You can enable Root on OnePlus Nord
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for OnePlus Nord
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for OnePlus Nord
Following are some extra resources for OnePlus Nord which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord
– GCam for OnePlus Nord