A working build of TWRP for OnePlus Nord is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on OnePlus Nord.
This OnePlus Nord TWRP is brought to you by the mauronofrio.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
About this TWRP for OnePlus Nord
– TWRP version: 3.4.0-0
– Device Codename: avicii
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Built as System-as-root (SAR)
Where to download TWRP for OnePlus Nord?
How to Install TWRP on OnePlus Nord?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on OnePlus Nord.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and advance reboot.
- Now hold power key and select bootloader from the menu.
- You will boot into the fastboot mode.
- Now simply connect your device to the computer.
- Open the command prompt on your computer.
- Type this command and hit the enter key:
fastboot oem unlock
- Now you will get to see the new screen on your phone screen.
- Select bootloader unlock option appear on the screen by using volume buttons and click power button to confirm.
- Now wait for the unlocking process and after the successful unlocking, OnePlus Nord will reboot automatically.
- Download the TWRP recovery for OnePlus Nord.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- While the phone is in the bootloader mode.
fastboot boot recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute the below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on OnePlus Nord.
That’s all on installing TWRP on OnePlus Nord. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
What to do after installing TWRP on OnePlus Nord?
- You can enable Root on OnePlus Nord
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for OnePlus Nord
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for OnePlus Nord
Following are some extra resources for OnePlus Nord which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord
– GCam for OnePlus Nord