GCam or Google Camera for ROG phone 2 is now available to download, which is based on Savitar’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera, so you can always expect that some features might not be available or just broken!
This GCam port was primarily build for the Zenfone 6 but works on the ROG phone 2 flawlessly. Well, Google camera ports usually work on multiple phones. Having said that, it is possible that other Google camera APK may work on ROG phone 2, hence don’t bother to try out those apps too.
About this Google Camera for ROG phone 2:
This is a working Google camera build for ROG phone 2 which is based on Savitar’s l2-plus build version which is working flawless. Following are the updates of this APK:
- Fixed icons with theme mode
- Added icons similar to theme in viewfinders
- Added Save config in Xml file
- Add default config for ZF6
- Now night mode does not lag if fix is activated
Status of this ROG phone 2 Google Camera APK:
– Nothing reported yet
Download Google Camera APK for ROG phone 2:
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
How to Install Google Camera APK on ROG phone 2:
- Download the ROG phone 2 GCam apk file from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- This Google Camera app has a pre-filled config file. To install that follow the below guide.
How to Install xml config file on ROG phone 2 Google Camera APK:
- Download the xml config file from the above download link for ROG phone 2 Google Camera 6.1.021
- Once Google Camera is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone's internal memory and copy the xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the app and click on the blank space beside the capture button in two fingers.
- When prompted, tap on RESTORE to load the config file. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, open the Settings > HDR+ control > Saturation adjustments > Enable saturation
- Also set the following saturation values.
For back camera:
Highlight saturation: 1.4
Shadow saturation: 1.8
For back camera:
Highlight saturation: 1.5
Shadow saturation: 1.8These values are are just for your reference. You can change these values and see which values do generate better pictures for your taste!
That’s all for the Google Camera for ROG phone 2.
New Google Camera versions are keep on coming and so does new features, hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for ROG phone 2. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the ROG phone 2.