There is a working port of Google Camera or GCam for Redmi Note 9 available to download which have working Night Sight mode. It is true that it has a Mediatek chipset on the phone, despite that a fully working GCam for Redmi Note 9 is available. The GCam ports are brought to you by wyroczen and burial.
Donation to Developer(s)
If you like his work, then donate to wyroczen.
Despite all other similar hardware features, the Redmi Note 9 is running on Mediatek Helio G85 which makes all the difference.
It has a 48MP primary cam and a quad camera setup for day to day photography experience. And, with this GCam mod support for the Redmi Note 9, you get DSLR like image quality.
If you want to buy one, look at the details in the below link.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi Note 9
- GCam 8 (LATEST VERSION).1
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 6.1
The Google camera 6.1 provides night sight and also allows to switch between different camera sensors and seems to be more versatile. And the same goes with the Redmi Note 9’s GCam 7.3 but provides Astrophotography mode. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
The GCam 8.1 version has brought video stabilization to the camera app.
Status of this Redmi Note 9 Google Camera
– All basic features
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 9?
- Download a GCam APK from the above download link(s) that you want to install
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to Allow from this source to the respective app on your Android device.
- For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser such es file explorer app and you want to install it from there, then do the following:
Go to Settings > Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or ES File Explorer app etc) > Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable the Allow from this source button.
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Redmi Note 9.
How to Install xml config file on Redmi Note 9 GCam (only for GCam 6.1)?
- Download an xml config file (Wyroczen-and-Ff-9.5-final-edition.xml) from the Redmi Note 9 GCam 6.1 download link.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone's internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
Try other GCam on Redmi Note 9
That's all for the Redmi Note 9's Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi Note 9.