Table of Contents
This post was last updated on July 2nd, 2020 at 01:12 pm
There is a working port of Google Camera or GCam for Redmi Note 9 available to download which have working Night Sight mode. It is true that it has a Mediatek chipset on the phone, despite that a fully working GCam for Redmi Note 9 is yet available. Thanks to wyroczen who has made this possible.
If you like his work, then donate to wyroczen.
Despite having similarities in the name, these phones are different in chipset and to some extent camera setup as well. Make sure you download only the GCam provided in this post and don’t get confused with other GCam ports for other phones.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi Note 9
- GCam 6.1
The Google camera 6.1 provides night sight and also allows to switch between different camera sensors and seems to be more versatile. And the same goes with the Redmi Note 9’s GCam 7.3 but provides Astrophotography mode. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Redmi Note 9 Google Camera
– All basic features
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam for Redmi Note 9?
Below are different GCam versions working on Redmi Note 9.
Download GCam 6.1 for Redmi Note 9:
Download the GCam APK with the filename: Gcam_6.1.021_V1.6_02b6.5_A10_Wyroczen_v2.apk
(and) filename: Redmi-note-9.xml
or you can also download the below these GCam and XML combo.
GCam filename: MGC_6.1_RN8P_Edition_4.75.apk
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 9?
- Download a GCam APK from the above download link(s) that you want to install
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to Allow from this source to the respective app on your Android device.
– For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser such es file explorer app and you want to install it from there, then do the following:
Go to Settings > Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or ES File Explorer app etc) > Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable the Allow from this source button.
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Redmi Note 9.
How to Install xml config file on GCam 7?
- Download an xml config file (Wyroczen-and-Ff-9.5-final-edition.xml) from the GCam APK download link.
In the download page, there is a drop down box to chose which file to download. Select the xml config file and then click on the Download button.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs7
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
Try other GCam on Redmi Note 9
That’s all for the Redmi Note 9’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi Note 9.