Redmi Note 8 Pro LineageOS 17.1 build is now available to download. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This custom ROM build of “Redmi Note 8 Pro LineageOS 17.1” is brought to you by developer TheImpulson.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to TheImpulson and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for TheImpulson
– Donate to LineageOS project
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
First Time Installation of Redmi Note 8 Pro LineageOS 17.1 –
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Redmi Note 8 Pro LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.
- ADB Sideload the Redmi Note 8 Pro LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro –
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera App download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)