This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 04:53 pm
A working mod of Google Camera 7.2 or GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro running on Android 10 or Android Pie is now available to download which is built by the_dise. This build of GCam 7.2 for Redmi Note 8 Pro has all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.2, hence you get the same on this GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
If you are looking for an earlier build of Google Camera, then check the GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Android compatibility of Redmi Note 8 Pro GCam 7.2
Google Camera 7.2 is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.2 for Redmi Note 8 Pro.
– Video recording does not work
– View finder lags a little bit
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Redmi Note 8 Pro. If you still want to verify, follow the below link:
– Verify and Install Camera2 API if it is required.
Where to Download GCam 7.2 for Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for Redmi Note 8 Pro:
Google Camera 7.2 for Redmi Note 8 Pro (with Night sight and Astrophotography mode)
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
- Download the GCam 7.2 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, so there is no settings that needs to be enabled. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
Try other GCam APK for Redmi Note 8 Pro
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s Google camera 7.2 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 8 Pro. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Redmi Note 8 Pro.