Table of Contents
- 1 Available GCam versions
- 2 Where to Download GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro?
- 3 How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
This post was last updated on April 17th, 2020 at 01:15 am
Couple of working mods of Google Camera or GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro is available to download which have Night Sight and Astrophotography features working pretty well. Yes, despite having a Mediatek chipset on the phone, it’s true that the available GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro works almost flawless.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 6.1
The Google camera 6.1 provides night sight and also allows to switch between different camera sensors and seems to be more versatile. And the same goes with the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s GCam 7.3 but provides Astrophotography mode. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Redmi Note 8 Pro Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Below are different GCam versions working on Redmi Note 8 Pro
GCam 7.3 Download (Download GCam v2 and download a config file)
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
- Download a GCam APK from the above download link(s) that you want to install
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
How to Install xml config file on GCam 7?
- Download an xml config file (wyroczen_rn8pro_3.xml) from the GCam APK download link.In the download page, there is a drop down box to chose which file to download. Select the xml config file and then click on the Download button.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs7
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.0 and later comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there might be few settings that needs to be enabled to force enable. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode –
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
Try other GCam APK on Redmi Note 8 Pro
That’s all for the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro.