Many working mods of Google Camera or GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro is available to download which have Night Sight and Astrophotography features working pretty well. Yes, despite having a Mediatek chipset on the phone, it’s true that the available GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro works almost flawless.
Available GCam versions for Redmi Note 8 Pro
Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- GCam 8.0 (Latest GCam version)
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 6.1
The GCam 8.0 for Redmi Note 8 Pro is now available which has seamless zoom feature among aux lenses and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The Google camera 6.1 provides night sight and also allows to switch between different camera sensors and seems to be more versatile. And the same goes with the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s GCam 7.3 but provides Astrophotography mode. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Redmi Note 8 Pro Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Flash does not work on video
– View finder lag
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 8 Pro?
- Download a GCam APK from the above download link(s) that you want to install
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Pie or 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
How to Install xml config file on GCam 7?
- Download an xml config file (wyroczen_rn8pro_3.xml) from the GCam APK download link.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs7
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.0 and later comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there might be few settings that needs to be enabled to force enable. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode –
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
Try other GCam APK on Redmi Note 8 Pro
That’s all for the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro.