This post was last updated on December 24th, 2019 at 03:23 am
This is the Google Camera 7.0 APK for Redmi Note 7 Pro running on Android 10 or Android Pie, which is based on parrot043’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera 7.0 APK, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
Many Thanks to vlachorumsapiens for providing a detailed analysis and proper settings to get the most out of this Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 Pro. In adition, here is a detailed analysis of Night Sight on Redmi Note 7 Pro GCam.
Status of this Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera 7.0 APK:
– HDR+ and HDR+ enhanced mode
– Night sight
– Video recording
– Lens Blur
– Time lapse
– Portrait mode
– Slow motion
Download Google Camera 7.0 APK for Redmi Note 7 Pro:
How to Install Google Camera 7.0 APK on Redmi Note 7 Pro?
- Download both the GCam apk 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 Pro from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.0 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 Pro. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Google Camera samples on Redmi note 7 Pro
Below is a gallery of images shot on Redmi note 7 Pro Google Camera. Click on images to enlarge.
Try other GCam APK for Redmi Note 7 Pro
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
- Google Camera 7.2 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- 48MP GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- GCam APK download page for specific Android phones
- Google Camera by Arnova8G2
- Google Camera by San1ty
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 7 Pro. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Redmi Note 7 Pro.