Table of Contents
- 1 Available GCam versions
- 2 Where to Download GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro?
- 3 How to Install Google Camera APK on Redmi Note 7 Pro?
- 3.1 How to enable 48x Zoom on GCam?
- 3.2 How to capture 48MP on Redmi Note 7 Pro GCam without ROOT?
- 3.3 Prevent portrait images on GCam to be saved in a new folder
- 3.4 How to enable Astro Photography mode on GCam 7?
- 3.5 How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
- 3.6 Google Camera samples on Redmi note 7 Pro
- 3.7 Try other GCam on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- 3.8 Try other GCam APK on Redmi Note 7 Pro
This post was last updated on June 25th, 2020 at 05:29 pm
Google Camera is known for it’s unmatched features. This post provides you the links to download GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro. Different GCam version available with different features such as 48MP capture, Astrophotography, 48x zoom etc.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- GCam 7.3 for Redmi Note 7 pro MIUI 12
- GCam 7.3 is the Latest version
- GCam 7.2 with 48x Zoom
- GCam 7.0 with Night Sight and Astrophotography
- GCam 6.1 with 48MP support
The GCam 6.1 version provides Night Sight feature with 48MP image capture support on portrait mode. The GCam 7.2 on Redmi note 7 Pro provides 48x Zoom support. The GCam 7.0 and the 7.3 provides astrophotography features along with other Google camera features.
Working status of GCam on Redmi Note 7 Pro
– Everything except listed below
– Slow motion
Where to Download GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro?
Below are several compatible versions of GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro –
GCam 7.3 for Redmi Note 7 MIUI 12
download and use the config filename: rn7proa7v5vs.xml from this download link
GCam 7.3 for Redmi Note 7
GCam 7.2 for Redmi Note 7 MIUI 12
This GCam has a 48X zoom support
GCam 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 MIUI 12
GCam 6.1 for Redmi Note 7
This GCam has a 48MP support without rooting
How to Install Google Camera APK on Redmi Note 7 Pro?
- Download a GCam apk from the above download link(s)
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.0 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
How to enable 48x Zoom on GCam?
48x zoom is only supported on the relevant link added above. Other GCams do not support this feature.
There is no specific setting that has to be enabled to achieve this. Just use the zoom slider to get the maximum zoom the phone supports.
How to capture 48MP on Redmi Note 7 Pro GCam without ROOT?
Only the above relevant GCam supports 48MP resolution without rooting the phone but unfortunately that is only supported on Portrait mode and not on the normal HDR+ mode. So, the idea is to enable HDR+ on portrait mode and use the portrait mode for default image capturing. But the problem with this is every image captured on portrait mode is stored in its own directory.
To enable 48MP resolution picture on Redmi note 7 Pro follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings > Back camera photo resolution > Select the 48.0 megapixels
- Then go to BSG MOD Settings > Enable Disable zoom in portrait mode
- In the BSG MOD Settings, enable Enhanced HDR+ in portrait mode
When the image is captured go to see the file information and the resolution must be 8000×6000 which makes a resolution of 48 millions of pixels or 48MP.
Prevent portrait images on GCam to be saved in a new folder
Portrait mode creates a separate folder. To prevent this, change the below setting:
Go to Settings > Advanced (under custom settings) > Enable Save to /DCIM/Camera
How to enable Astro Photography mode on GCam 7?
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 Pro. In case you want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Google Camera samples on Redmi note 7 Pro
Below is a gallery of images shot on Redmi note 7 Pro Google Camera. Click on images to enlarge.
Try other GCam on Redmi Note 7 Pro
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
- Google Camera 7.2 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- 48MP GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- GCam APK download page for specific Android phones
- Google Camera by Arnova8G2
- Google Camera by San1ty
Try other GCam APK on Redmi Note 7 Pro
It is very hard to know which GCam will work on your phone. That is the reason I find the GCam with most working features and stability for a phone. In case you feel there could be a better GCam for your phone, you can always look into this huge list of supported Google Camera download available for many phones or collection of all GCam ports built by developers to try on Redmi Note 7 Pro.