This post was last updated on December 27th, 2019 at 06:57 am
A working mod of GCam or Google Camera for Redmi Note 7 Pro with 48MP and Night Sight support is now available to download which is based on BSG’s port. These GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro are not be compatible fully but still works pretty good on some features with some manual settings in place.
Night Sight was introduced in this version of GCam hence you get the same on Redmi Note 7 Pro, including other features such as HDR+, portrait mode, 4K video recording etc.
Status of this Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera APK:
– Back and front camera
– Night sight
– Video Recording 1080p and 4K both in 30fps
– 1080p 60fps video recording
– Slow motion
Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 7 Pro:
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 7 Pro?
- Download one of the GCam apk for Redmi Note 7 Pro from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app, setup manual settings explained below and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Redmi Note 7 Pro with GCam.
Manual settings for Redmi Note 7 Pro GCam
Below are few of the settings to change if it not set by default for better image quality. By the way these are not mandatory at all and can be tuned as per your requirement as well.
- Go to camera Settings > BSG MOD settings > Input Model > Set Interface style to Pixel 2 and Set back and front camera to Pixel 3 XL
- Come back to BSG MOD settings > Saturation > Set Back Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.8 and Set Shadow saturation to 2.4
- Inside BSG MOD settings > FIX > Image format > set to YUV_420_888
- Go to camera Settings > Advanced > Enable HDR+ control
- Go to the camera mode and enable HDR+ enhanced
- If you are annoyed of auto focus data on screen then go to BSG MOD settings > disable Remove AF data from the screen
How to get 48MP shots on Redmi note 7 Pro Google Camera?
By default this GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro supports 48MP resolution camera support but unfortunately that is only supported on Portrait mode and not on the normal HDR+ mode. But there is a trick to enable HDR+ on portrait mode and use the portrait mode for default image capturing. But the problem with this is every image captured on portrait mode is stored in its own directory.
To enable 48MP resolution picture on Redmi note 7 Pro follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings > Back camera photo resolution > Select the 48.0 megapixels
- Then go to BSG MOD Settings > Enable Disable zoom in portrait mode
- In the BSG MOD Settings, enable Enhanced HDR+ in portrait mode
When the image is captured go to see the file information and the resolution must be 8000×6000 which makes a resolution of 48 millions of pixels or 48MP.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera images
See it to believe it!
All these images uploaded are automatically down scaled by WordPress but still most of the details have been retained. Google camera is known to produce clear, saturated, contrast image. Below are some of the images captured by Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera.
Try other Google Camera for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Google Camera 7.2 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- GCam APK download page for specific Android phones
- Google Camera by Arnova8G2
- Google Camera by San1ty
That’s all for the Redmi Note 7 Pro’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi Note 7 Pro.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 7 Pro. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Redmi Note 7 Pro.