This post was last updated on January 18th, 2020 at 11:37 pm
The Pixel camera or well known as Google Camera APK is now available to download for Redmi Note 5 Pro based on Arnova8G2’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the stock Google Camera, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
This GCam APK build was primarily build for Redmi Note 5 Pro running on MIUI 10 based Android Pie. Never mind to try other Google Camera APK Download from the huge list if few features do not work on this build!
About this Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Following are true ONLY for this build of Google Camera app which is ported for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Based on Arnova8G2’s build.
- Built for Redmi Note 5 Pro running on MIUI 10 based on Android Pie.
- Night Sight is working fine
- In addition all other basic features are also working fine
- Pre-config xml file is included for optimal settings
To enable Camera2 API you can flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using a custom recovery.
– To be able to flash the Camera2 API zip file, your phone need to be bootloader unlocked and a TWRP recovery has to be installed.
Download Google Camera APK for Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Google Camera 6.1 Download for Redmi Note 5 Pro
– This build of GCam APK 6.1 comes with a pre-built configuration file which has optimal settings for this particular Google Camera app.
Google Camera 5.x Download for Redmi Note 5 Pro
– Reported to be working on MIUI 10 Global stable
How to Install Google Camera APK on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Download both the GCam apk and the xml file from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- The 6.1 Google Camera app has a pre-configured config file. To install that follow the below guide.
How to Install xml config file on Google Camera 6.1 APK on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Download the xml config file from the above download link of 6.1 GCam apk for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Once Google Camera is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone's internal memory and copy the xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the app and click on the blank space beside the capture button in two fingers.
- When prompted, tap on RESTORE to load the config file.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 5 Pro. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Redmi Note 5 Pro.