Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7, hence you may get the same on this GCam 7.2 for Redmi K30, including other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse, 60x super Res Zoom etc.
Android compatibility of Redmi K30 GCam
Google Camera 7.2 is compatible with Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.2 for Redmi K30.
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi K30?
- Download the GCam for Redmi K30 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Redmi K30.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are some settings available to forcefully enable astrophotography mode. Follow the below instructions to enable astrophotography mode:
- Go to Settings > PX Mod Settings > Show Astro Buttons (scroll to the end to get this setting) > Toggle the Enable Astrophotography Buttons to force enable the mode
- Once enabled, the Astrophotography button will be available in the Night Sight mode.
See the below screenshot to know how to force enable astrophotography on GCam 7.2
Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features are keep on coming on the GCam app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi K30. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Redmi K30.