Many working builds of Google Camera or GCam for Redmi K20 Pro is now available to download. These ports are brought to you by Arnova8G2, Parrot043, San1ty.
Available GCam versions for Redmi K20 Pro
GCam 8.0 for Redmi K20 Pro is the latest version among other compatible ports. Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi K20 Pro.
- GCam 8.0 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.1
The GCam 8.0 for Redmi K20 Pro is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The older version of Google camera 6.1 that brings night sight and the GCam 7.4 has brought Astrophotography mode on Redmi K20 Pro. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie, Android 10, and Android 11.
Status of this Redmi K20 Pro Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Slow Motion
– Telephoto lens (on GCam 6.2 version) (WORKAROUND: telephoto lens work properly only when HDR+ is turned off!)
Where to Download GCam for Redmi K20 Pro?
Below are the link(s) to download compatible GCam APK port for Redmi K20 Pro –
GCam 8.0 for Redmi K20 Pro:
Arnova8G2 GCam 8.0 for Redmi K20 Pro
GCam 7.4 for Redmi K20 Pro:
Select the latest GCam 7.4 build and the mi-9t-pro-rk20p-Arnova8G2-GCam-7.4.xml config file
GCam 7.3 for Redmi K20 Pro:
GCam 7.2 for Redmi K20 Pro:
GCam 6.2 for Redmi K20 Pro:
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi K20 Pro?
- Download the Google Camera apk for Redmi K20 Pro copy it to your phone.
- To install Google Camera APK, enable the install Unknown Apps for the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the phone and installing it using a file browser app.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Then install the Google Camera APK on Redmi K20 Pro, when done installation, run the Google Camera APK on your phone.
- Allow the required permissions and then you are ready to use.
Screenshots of Arnova8G2 GCam 7.3
How to shot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
This page will always have the latest available Google Camera port supported for Redmi K20 Pro at the earliest. As of now GCam 7.3 is the latest which is available for Redmi K20 Pro.