This post was last updated on December 15th, 2019 at 11:14 pm
Astrophotography for Redmi K20 Pro is now available on Google Camera 7.2 APK mod running on Android 10, which is based on parrot043’s build. This post provides you a direct link to download Google Camera 7.2 APK mod for Redmi K20 Pro, that works almost flawless and guides you how to enable Astrophotography mode on the Redmi K20 Pro.
This is a Google Camera mod APK which is ported to work on Redmi K20 Pro. It is possible that some features might not be working as expected. Never bother to try other Google camera apps built for other devices.
Status of this Redmi K20 Pro Google Camera 7.2 APK:
– For Android 10 ONLY
– Pixel 3 base
– Stock 7.2 with few added features as below
– Enabled Astrophotography
– Added many more settings and configuration options
Android OS version compatibility of Redmi K20 Pro Google Camera 7.2
This GCam 7.2 for Redmi K20 Pro is only compatible on Android 10 as of now.
Download Google Camera 7.2 for Redmi K20 Pro:
Google Camera 7.2 APK for Redmi K20 Pro (Download parrot043’s 7.2 GCam mod)
How to Install Google Camera 7.2 on Redmi K20 Pro?
- Download the parrot043’s GCam 7.2 apk for Redmi K20 Pro from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
Enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.2 APK. It could be a file manager, a browser, a social media app etc.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera 7.2 apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google Camera 7.2 app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Redmi K20 Pro.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Redmi K20 Pro Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Redmi K20 Pro. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
That’s all for the Redmi K20 Pro’s Google Camera 7.2 APK. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi K20 Pro. If you want more, here is a huge list of supported Google camera for various Android phones.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera 7.2 app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi K20 Pro. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Redmi K20 Pro.