The Pixel camera or well known as Google Camera is now available to download for Redmi 8A built by Arnova8G2. This is just a port of GCam APK and not the actual stock Google Camera that is available on Google Pixel phones. This build of Google Camera APK (GCam APK) for Redmi 8A is the latest one and has all the features working.
Google Camera is known for it’s HDR+, Portrait mode, Night sight mode, Google lens integration etc. which are exclusive to the Google’s Pixel camera app. No other camera app has a match to these features. Google Camera is only available for Google Pixel devices but developers have ported the same to other devices as well and that is why we have the GCam APK available for Redmi 8A phone.
So let’s check out the working features of this build, how to download and install the GCam apk on Redmi 8A in the below sections!
About this GCam for Redmi 8A:
- This GCam is for devices running Android Pie and up.
- This GCam APK for Redmi 8A is a port of Google Camera 6.1.021.
- This build of GCam for Redmi 8A supports xml configuration file.
Download Google Camera APK for Redmi 8A:
Below are some of the GCam ports available for Redmi 8A.
GCam 7.2 for Redmi 8A
GCam for Redmi 8A Android 10 and Android 9
Camera Go for Redmi 8A
If the above listed GCam port does not work on this phone as reported by many users, I have added a link to the Camera Go app that has HDR+ and Portrait mode and Night Mode working.
How to Install the Google Camera APK on Redmi 8A:
- Download the GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Redmi 8A.
Try other GCam APK for Redmi 8A
Google Camera APK is never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app built by Arnova8G2.
– GCam Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
That’s all for the Redmi 8A’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi 8A.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi 8A. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Redmi 8A.