The Pixel camera or well known as Google Camera for Redmi 8 is now available to download which is built by TInNeun. This is just a port of GCam APK and not the actual stock Google Camera that is available on Google Pixel phones. This build of Google Camera APK (GCam APK) for Redmi 8 is the latest one and has all the features working.
Google Camera is known for it’s HDR+, Portrait mode, Night sight mode, Google lens integration etc. which are exclusive to the Google’s Pixel camera app. No other camera app has a match to these features. Google Camera is only available for Google Pixel devices but developers have ported the same to other devices as well and that is why we have the GCam APK available for Redmi 8 phone.
So let’s check out the working features of this build, how to download and install the GCam apk on Redmi 8 in the below sections!
About this GCam for Redmi 8:
- This GCam is for devices running Android Pie and up.
- This GCam APK for Redmi 8 is a port of Google Camera 6.1.021.
- This build of GCam for Redmi 8 does not support xml configuration file.
How to Install the Google Camera APK on Redmi 8:
- Download the GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Redmi 8.
Try other GCam APK for Redmi 8
Google Camera APK is never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app built by Arnova8G2.
– GCam APK Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
That’s all for the Redmi 8’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi 8.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi 8. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Redmi 8.