A working mod of Google Camera or GCam for Redmi 7 is now available to download. This GCam port for Redmi 7 is brought to you by BSG and Arnova8G2.
Available GCam versions for Redmi 7
GCam 8.0 for Redmi 7 is the latest version among other compatible ports. Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi 7.
- GCam 8.0 (Latest Version)
- GCam 6.1
The GCam 8.0 for Redmi 7 is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The older version of Google camera 6.1 that brings night sight and the GCam 7.4 has brought Astrophotography mode on Redmi 7. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie, Android 10, and Android 11.
Status of this Redmi 7 Google Camera APK:
Download Google Camera for Redmi 7:
Below are different versions of compatible GCam APK for Redmi 7 available to download –
GCam 8.0 for Redmi 7:
BSG GCam 8.0 for Redmi 7
GCam 6.1 for Redmi 7
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi 7?
- Download one of the GCam apk for Redmi 7 from the above download link. For the KillerCam download download the KillerFix-1.5-Redmi-7.xml config file.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Redmi 7.
How to Use the Config xml file on KillerCam
- Download the xml config file (KillerFix-1.5-Redmi-7.xml) from the above download link for Redmi 7 Google Camera.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on the phone’s storage location and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of KillerCam
- Then create a directory named Config under KillerCam directory created recently.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
Try other Google Camera for Redmi 7
– GCam APK Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
That’s all for the Redmi 7’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi 7.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi 7. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Redmi 7.