TWRP recovery is the gateway to install custom ROM or root the Redmi 10X. You would be happy to know that a working build of TWRP for Redmi 10X is now available to download. This post provides a link to download the TWRP recovery and a step by step guide on how to install the same.
This Redmi 10X TWRP is brought to you by developer wzsx150.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work of the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to wzsx150 and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for wzsx150
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
About this TWRP for Redmi 10X 4G
– TWRP version: 3.4.1b
– Device Codename: merlin
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 6th June 2020
– Based on MIUI FW: V126.96.36.199.QJOCNXM
Where to download TWRP for Redmi 10X?
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 10X?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Redmi 10X.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flash the TWRP on Redmi 10X
- Download and extract the Redmi 10X TWRP zip file. There you will get recovery.img and misc.bin file.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Extract the downloaded zip file. Then execute the EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN.bat file to flash the TWRP or follow the next instruction to flash it manually.
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute the below commands to flash the twrp and the misc.bin file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
fastboot flash misc misc.bin
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi 10X.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi 10X. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi 10X
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi 10X. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi 10X
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 10X
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi 10X
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 10X which you may be interested in:
– Download MIUI Stock Firmware for Redmi 10X
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 10X
– GCam for Redmi 10X