This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 04:54 pm
The GCam or Google Camera for Realme X is now available, which is built by marlin-ku. This build of GCam for Realme X has almost all the features working. As this is just a port of GCam built to work with many devices; don’t get surprised if few features are not working.
Time lapse was introduced in Google Camera 6.2.030, so, the same will be available on this GCam for Realme X including, Night sight, HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Slow motion, etc.
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Realme X. If you still want to verify, follow the below link:
– Verify and enable Camera2 API if it is required.
Where to Download Google Camera for Realme X?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK 6.2.030 for Realme X:
Google Camera Download for Realme X
How to Install the Google Camera APK on Realme X:
- Download the GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Realme X.
Required Manual Settings for this Realme X Google Camera APK 6.2.030:
Google Camera APK is never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app primarily compiled for other phone.
As this is not a camera app made specifically for Realme X, hence, it is possible that some of the Google camera features may not work as intended. Having said that, I have noticed that the photos look faded on the GCam. To have more saturated images on the Realme X GCam, you can use the following settings:
- Go to Settings > Color Settings HDR > Highlight Saturation (under Saturation back camera) and set this value to 2.2
- On the same settings, menu, select the Shadow Saturation and set this value to 2.4
- Front camera photos looked natural. So, no need to change any values unless you want to experiment.
These are some of the basic settings that need to be applied. If you want to experiment you can always change some default settings to see what GCam APK settings suits best for your Realme X phone.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Realme X. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Realme X.
Visit the below link to get Google Camera APK download for other versions and for other devices as well.