This post was last updated on March 13th, 2020 at 06:35 pm
Few working Google Camera port for Realme C2 is now available to download which is based on BSG’s GCam port. This page lists down all available working GCam APK files.
Realme C2 GCam Android compatibility
This Google camera (GCam) is based on 6.2.030 and 6.1.009 base version which is brought to you by BSG and Arnova8G2 respectively. This GCam is for devices running Android Pie and up.
Status of this Realme C2 Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Slow motion on GCam 6.1.009
– Auto focus takes time on GCam 6.1.009
Where to Download GCam for Realme C2?
NOTE: Comment in a reply if some GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Realme C2?
- Download one of the GCam apk from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Realme C2.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on GCam 7.0 for Realme C2?
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this Google camera for Realme C2. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Astro photography mode works only if the phone is steady. You can make use of a tripod to keep the phone steady.
- Open GCam Settings
- Scroll down to the end and click on Developer Settings
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options (if not enabled already)
- Then, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Follow the instructions in the next section to capture photos in astrophotography mode.
See the below screenshots to know which settings to toggle to enable astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0:
How to shot in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Realme C2. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Realme C2 including the not yet released latest versions.