This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 04:40 pm
A working mod of Google Camera 7.0 or GCam for Realme 5s running on Android 10 or Android Pie is now available to download which is built by parrot043. This build of GCam 7.0 for Realme 5s has not been verified for working and non-working features.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.0.009, hence you get the same on this GCam for Realme 5s, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Realme 5s GCam 7.0.009
Google Camera 7.0.009 is compatible with Android Pie and up. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.0 for Realme 5s.
Most likely Camera2 API is already installed on Realme 5s. If you still want to verify, follow the below link:
– Verify and Install Camera2 API if it is required.
Where to Download Google Camera / GCam for Realme 5s?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for Realme 5s:
Google Camera 7.0 for Realme 5s (with Night sight and Astrophotography mode)
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Realme 5s?
- Download the GCam 7.0 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Realme 5s.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Realme 5s Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Realme 5s. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK for Realme 5s
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for the Realme 5s’s Google camera 7.0 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Realme 5s.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Realme 5s. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Realme 5s.