Google Camera or GCam for Poco F1 with Night Sight, Time Lapse etc. is now available to download which is ported by marlin_ku, San1ty, BSG, cstark27. Every feature available on the GCam port works pretty well as this is specifically built for Poco F1.
Available GCam versions
GCam 8.2 is the latest version of GCam available for Poco F1. In addition other older versions of GCam are also available.
Below are the available versions of GCam for Poco F1.
- GCam 8.2 (Latest Version)
- GCam 8.0
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
Poco F1 GCam 8.2 features
The GCam 8.2 for Poco F1 is now available which has quick video capture, video stabilization etc. It also has a seamless slow motion and timelapse video recording at different speeds.
Poco F1 does not have AUX lenses so it does not have seamless zoom. The seamless timelapse recording feature works well. You can record at different timelapse speed in one go.
The Google camera 6.2 provides night sight feature and the GCam 7.x comes with Astrophotography mode along with other legacy features.
Status of this Poco F1 Google Camera:
– Everything works
– Slow motion
Except Slow motion all other features of Google Camera works pretty well. Personally I feel like the slo-mo feature of the MIUI camera is better as it provides 960fps super slow-mo video recording.
How to Install the Google Camera on Poco F1?
- Download one of the Poco F1 GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Poco F1.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode in GCam 7.2?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are some settings available to forcefully enable astrophotography mode. Follow the below instructions to enable astrophotography mode:
- Go to Settings > PX Mod Settings > Show Astro Buttons (scroll to the end to get this setting) > Toggle the Enable Astrophotography Buttons to force enable the mode
- Once enabled, the Astrophotography button will be available in the Night Sight mode.
See the below screenshot to know how to force enable astrophotography on GCam 7.2
Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this) if manually not force enabled:
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
Poco F1 Google Camera images
See it to believe it!
All these images uploaded are automatically down scaled by WordPress but still most of the details have been retained. Google camera is known to produce clear, saturated, contrast image. Below are some of the images captured by Poco F1 Google Camera.
New features and versions keep coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Poco F1. This page will always all working GCam ports for the Poco F1.