A working build of Google Camera or GCam for Oppo A5 2020 is now available to download, which is based on parrot043’s build. Reportedly this GCam on Oppo A5 2020 works pretty well including working night sight mode.
This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera APK, so you can always expect that some or all of the features might not be available or might be broken!
About this Google Camera for Oppo A5 2020:
Following are the features and fixes added on the parrot043’s v9.1 build of Google Camera 7.0.009 app:
- For Android 10+
- Modification of Google Camera Version 7.0.009.259843690
Status of this Oppo A5 2020 Google Camera APK:
– Night Sight
Download Google Camera for Oppo A5 2020
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
How to Install Google Camera APK on Oppo A5 2020?
- Download the Gcam APK for Oppo A5 2020 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Oppo A5 2020 Google Camera
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this Google camera for Oppo A5 2020. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Astro photography mode works only if the phone is steady. You can make use of a tripod to keep the phone steady.
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
That’s all for the Google Camera 7.0 for Oppo A5 2020 for now. This post will be updated once I get to know of a working stable Gcam for Oppo A5 2020.
If you want to try with other version of parrot043, here is the Google camera by parrot043. To get the GCam for other devices, you can visit the Google Camera APK page which is updated almost on a daily basis.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Oppo A5 2020. Below forum will have all Google Camera apk for Oppo A5 2020.