Table of Contents
A port of MIUI 12 for OnePlus 8 Pro is now available which is based on Android 10. This post gives you a direct link to download the same and a step-by-step guide to install MIUI 12 on OnePlus 8 Pro.
The MIUI 12 was recently released as a beta for many Xiaomi phones. This port of OnePlus 8 Pro MIUI 12 is built from Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12 build but works almost flawless.
This update requires an unlocked bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro, so you should consider keeping a backup of all the data on your phone.
The latest MIUI 12 has loads of features those are unbeatable with any other custom ROM available out there.
Below are some the noteworthy key features from MIUI 12:
- Dynamic weather that changes the screen based on realtime climate on your place
- New icon animations and visually appealing graphics
- Certified Privacy protection features
- Application behavior is reported to the user to take more control on what to allow and what to restrict
- High risk behaviors are directly stopped without intervention of the user
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) application window
- System wide dark theme that supports thousands of Apps
- The Health app provides Automatic health recording statistics at a very minimal power consumption
- Many more teeny tiny features like Game acceleration, Upcoming: a built-in task organiser and reminder, Smart travel for travel reminders, minimalistic mode for elders etc.
OnePlus 8 Pro MIUI 12 ROM Information
This is the latest MIUI 12 version for the phone and below the details of the current released update file:
- Ported from: Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12
- Build date: 11th June 2020
- Security patch: June 2020
- Build version: 20.6.11
- Android version: Android 10
- File size: ~2.2 GB
Almost everything works but there are few known bugs which you should be aware of before deciding to install.
- FOD (Fingerprint Unlock, probably full vendor port is required)
- AOD shows up only for a second
- Punch Hole is a bit too big on the right side (battery ring app could help as a temp fix)
- Auto rotation may crash the phone
- Connecting to WiFi for the first time might soft reboot Your phone
- 120Hz doesn’t work yet (planning to add toggles to JRH App)
- Flashlight toggle doesn’t do anything. Workaorund: use 3rd party app
Download MIUI 12 for OnePlus 8 Pro
Below is a direct link to download the MIUI 12 build for OnePlus 8 Pro followed by other required downloads:
- TWRP for OnePlus 8 Pro to install MIUI 12
How To Install MIUI 12 on OnePlus 8 Pro?
This is an initial MIUI 12 build for the OnePlus 8 Pro which is a port from the Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 12 build. Follow the below instructions to install this ROM.
Install MIUI 12 Using TWRP
- Download the OnePlus 8 Pro MIUI 12 zip file and keep it in your PC (for ADB Sideload method) or copy it to the thone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery (with SAR support) to install MIUI 12 on OnePlus 8 Pro.
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB sideload the MIUI 12 zip file
If ADB sideload is not working on recovery, just flash the zip using TWRP or the recovery you are using.
- Once installed, reboot the phone and enjoy MIUI 12 update on OnePlus 8 Pro.
Rooting OnePlus 8 Pro on MIUI 12
If you want to root your phone, then follow the guide to root MIUI 12 ROM on your OnePlus 8 Pro.
In case you face any problem installing this MIUI 12 update on OnePlus 8 Pro, you can lleave a comment with your concern to get a reply back.