The GCam or well known as Google Camera for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro is now available to download which is built by BSG, Arnova8G2, Wichaya, Greatness. As reported by users, this GCam has all AUX camera working on the phone!
Available GCam APK version(s)
GCam 8.2 for the phone is the latest version among other compatible ports listed below:
- GCam 8.2 (Latest version)
- GCam 8.0
- GCam 8.0
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3 (RECOMMENDED)
- GCam 6.2
The GCam 8.2 is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and portrait mode night sight etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The older version of Google camera brings night sight and Astrophotography mode etc on the OnePlus 7 / Pro phone. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie, Android 10, and Android 11.
Known BUGs on this GCam for OnePlus 7 / Pro:
– Slow mo?
How to Install the GCam mod?
- Download the Google Camera apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo and later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7 / Pro.
How to Install xml config file on GCam 7.3?
- Download the Wichaya-Abdul-1.8.xml config file from the above GCam 7.3 APK download link.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs7
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
New features are keep coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for OnePlus 7 / Pro. This post will always have all the compatible mods available for the phone.
Visit the below link to get Google Camera download for other versions and for other devices as well.