The OnePlus 7 and the 7 Pro both are high end flagship phones with pretty solid hardware spec.
The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with a triple camera setup, out of which the primary camera is 48MP, an 18MP ultrawide and a 8MP telephoto lens.
And, the OnePlus 7 comes with a dual camera only setup, out of which the primary camera is 48MP, and a 5MP secondary camera.
Although the stock camera on OxygenOS has a good software but that can be further enhanced with a Google Camera APK mod.
Available GCam APK version(s)
GCam 8.2 for the phone is the latest version among other compatible ports listed below:
- GCam 8.2 (Latest version)
- GCam 8.0
- GCam 8.0
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3 (RECOMMENDED)
- GCam 6.2
What Extra Do You Get on GCam?
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Poco F3:
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in this features list.
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much broghter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect with GCam’s portrait mode.
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
- Built-in Google Lens
Known BUGs on this GCam for OnePlus 7 / Pro:
– Slow mo?
How to Install the GCam mod?
- Download the Google Camera apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo and later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7 / Pro.
How to Install xml config file on GCam 7 / 8?
- Download the Wichaya-Abdul-1.8.xml config file from the above GCam 7.3 link and the OP7-Pro-Arnova-SpecialBeta.xml from GCam 8.1 download link.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs7 for GCam 7 version and Configs8 for GCam 8 version
- Copy the respective xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
New features are keep coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for OnePlus 7 / Pro. This post will always have all the compatible mods available for the phone.
Visit the below link to get Google Camera download for other versions and for other devices as well.