This post was last updated on August 27th, 2020 at 07:11 pm
The GCam or well known as Google Camera for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro is now available to download which is built by Arnova8G2, Wichaya. As reported by users, this GCam on OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro has all AUX camera working!
Available GCam APK version(s)
Below are the available version(s) of GCam APK for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro
- GCam 7.4 (Latest version)
- GCam 7.3 (RECOMMENDED)
- GCam 6.2
Google Camera is known for it’s HDR+, Portrait mode, Night sight mode, Google lens integration etc. which are exclusive to the Google’s Pixel camera app. No other camera app has a match to these features. Google Camera is only available for Google Pixel devices but developers have ported the same to other devices as well and that is why we have the GCam APK available for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro phone.
So let’s check out the working features of this build, how to download and install the GCam APK on OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro in the below sections!
About the Google Camera APKs for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro:
This GCam APK for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro is a port of Google Camera version 6.2.030 where Time Lapse feature was introduced.
Following are the changelog or the newest features ported on this Google Camera APK:
- Android 9+
- Add HDR+ Auto from pixel 3
- Add Exposure Compensation
- Add Custom HDR+ denoise
- Add Color Capture Support
- Fix Multi-Lens mode
- Fix PatchLoader by @KoopahTManiac (on XDA)
- Fix and stability for ZenFone6 and OP7/7Pro
- This version works with Multi-Lens ( Bug with Telephoto lens for OP7/7Pro )
Known BUGs on this GCam for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro:
– Slow mo?
If photos are black and white on the first opening, restart the app and try again.
Where to Download GCam for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro?
Following is the download link to the few working Gcam APK for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro:
GCam 7.4 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro:
GCam 7.3 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro:
The below GCam 7.3 has all AUX cameras working on OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro without ROOT.
Below is the recommended GCam download for the phone.
To get most out of the GCam, use the Wichaya-Abdul-1.8.xml config file with the GCam port.
GCam 6.2 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro:
How to Install the Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro?
- Download the GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo and later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro.
How to Install xml config file on GCam 7.3?
- Download the Wichaya-Abdul-1.8.xml config file from the above GCam 7.3 APK download link.
In the download page, there is a drop down box to chose which file to download. Select the xml config file and then click on the Download button.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter).
- Then go inside the GCam directory and create a directory named Configs7
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
New features are keep coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro.
Visit the below link to get Google Camera download for other versions and for other devices as well.