Table of Contents
This post was last updated on June 25th, 2020 at 03:07 pm
A working build of TWRP for Nubia Play is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Nubia Play.
This Nubia Play TWRP is brought to you by developer wzsx150.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work of the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to wzsx150 and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for wzsx150
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
Installing TWRP recovery on Nubia Play requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Nubia Play
– TWRP version: 3.4.1
– Device Codename: NX651J
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 28th March 2020
Where to download TWRP for Nubia Play?
- Nubia Play, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- Download TWRP for Nubia Play (codename: NX651J)
- ADB and Fastboot utility
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on Nubia Play
How to Install TWRP on Nubia Play?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing / Installing the TWRP recovery
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Nubia Play.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Go to Settings, > About Phone and then tap on the Build Number for 7 times to enable Enable developer options
- Then install the ADB and Fastboot by downloading from one of the above links
- Connect the Nubia Play phone to the PC
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot or bootloader mode and execute the below command:
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX651J
- The bootloader should be unlocked by now!
Booting or flashing the TWRP
- Download and extract the Nubia Play TWRP zip file. There you will get recovery.img, misc.bin and the EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN.bat file.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Double click on the EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN.bat batch script to automatically flash the TWRP and the misc.bin file to the respective partitions.
- Alternatively you can install it manually. Open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute the below commands to flash the twrp and the misc.bin file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
fastboot flash misc misc.binWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Nubia Play.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Nubia Play. For some reason, if it fails, you can leave a comment below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Nubia Play
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Nubia Play. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Nubia Play
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Nubia Play
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Following are some extra resources for Nubia Play which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Nubia Play
– GCam for Nubia Play