This post was last updated on January 18th, 2020 at 06:01 pm
A working mod of Google Camera 7.2 or GCam for Nokia 8.1 running on Android 10 or Android Pie is now available to download which is built by the_dise. This build of GCam 7.2 for Nokia 8.1 has all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.2, hence you get the same on this GCam for Nokia 8.1, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
If you are looking for an earlier build of Google Camera, then check the GCam for Nokia 8.1.
Android compatibility of Nokia 8.1 GCam 7.2
Google Camera 7.2 is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.2 for Nokia 8.1.
– Video recording does not work on front camera
– View finder lags a little bit
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Nokia 8.1. If you still want to verify, follow the below link:
– Verify and Install Camera2 API if it is required.
Where to Download GCam 7.2 for Nokia 8.1?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for Nokia 8.1:
Google Camera 7.2 for Nokia 8.1 (with Night sight and Astrophotography mode)
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Nokia 8.1?
- Download the GCam 7.2 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Nokia 8.1.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, so there is no settings that needs to be enabled. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
How to enable 44x Zoom on Nokia 8.1 GCam 7.2?
This GCam 7.2 for Nokia 8.1 does support 44x super res zoom. But when you zoom the same on the view finder slider, the GCam app crashes immediately. Follow the below to enable 44x Zoom:
– Go to Settings > Advanced > Maximum Zoom > Set it to 44x (if that crashes, change it to 36x)
Try other GCam APK for Nokia 8.1
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for the Nokia 8.1’s Google camera 7.2 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Nokia 8.1.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 8.1. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Nokia 8.1.