Many working ports of Google Camera for Nokia 6.2 is now available to download. The GCam builds for Nokia 6.2 brought to you by Parrot043, marlin-ku.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Nokia 6.2
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
The Google camera 6.2 brings Time Lapse, Night Sight feature and the GCam 7.x brings Astrophotography mode to the Nokia 6.2. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Nokia 6.2 Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
– Verify and enable Camera2 API if it is required.
Where to Download GCam for Nokia 6.2?
How to Install Google Camera on Nokia 6.2?
- Download the Google Camera apk for Nokia 6.2 copy it to your phone.
- To install Google Camera APK, enable the install Unknown Apps for the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the phone and installing it using a file browser app.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Then install the Google Camera APK on Nokia 6.2, when done installation, run the Google Camera APK on your phone.
- Allow the required permissions and then you are ready to use.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Nokia 6.2 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Nokia 6.2. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 6.2. This post will always have all available working Google Camera for Nokia 6.2.