This post was last updated on December 15th, 2019 at 11:12 pm
A working build of Google Camera 7.0 for Nokia 6.2 Android 10 is now available to download, which is based on parrot043’s build. Reportedly this GCam works pretty well including working night sight and astro photography mode on the Nokia 6.2.
Astrophotography was introduced in Google Camera 7.0.009, so, the same will be available on this GCam 7.0 for Nokia 6.2 including, Night sight, HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Slow motion, Time lapse and more.
About this Google Camera 7.0 for Nokia 6.2:
Following are the features and fixes added on the parrot043’s v9.1 build of Google Camera 7.0.009 app:
- For Android 9 and Android 10
- Modification of Google Camera Version 7.0.009.259843690
Download Google Camera 7.0 for Nokia 6.2
Google Camera 7.0 for Nokia 6.2 (with Night sight and astro photography supported)
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
How to Install Google Camera 7.0 on Nokia 6.2?
- Download the Gcam APK for Nokia 6.2 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Nokia 6.2 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Nokia 6.2. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other Google Camera for Nokia 6.2
That’s all for the Google Camera 7.0 for Nokia 6.2 for now. This post will be updated once I get to know of a working stable Gcam for Nokia 6.2.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 6.2. Below forum will have all Google Camera apk for Nokia 6.2.