See here, how the Google Camera on Redmi Note 7 Pro captures better images than the stock camera. In this post I am going to show you how you can capture better low light or night photos on Redmi Note 7 Pro using Google Camera.
Google Camera or well known as GCam is known for its Night Sight mode that captures better low light shots on mobile phones. In the next section I am going to compare some of the shots captured by GCam Night Sight mode, HDR+ mode, Astrophotography mode and Stock camera Night mode to see which one photo captures more details and light.
What is the light exposure in the place?
It is important to know the actual lighting of the place where I captured the images on the Redmi Note 7 Pro. So, I have captured a few shots of that too.
Before going into comparing the low light images on Redmi note 7 Pro GCam or Stock cam, below are some images that shows the actual light exposure available at the scene, captured on a DSLR camera. You need to click on the image to enlarge it.
Well, it is arguable about the lighting at the actual scene when you see the images captured by GCam. But, this is a fact that GCam captures more light on Night sight than a human eye can actually see!
Samples of Google Camera Night Sight on Redmi note 7 Pro and Stock Camera Night Mode
Below are some of the images captured on Redmi Note 7 Pro using the Night mode on stock camera and Night Sight mode on Google Camera. There is a total of 4 images captured as following and in the order you will see it on the gallery:
- Night mode on Redmi Note 7 Pro Stock camera
- HDR+ mode on Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera
- Night Sight mode on Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera
- Astrophotography mode on Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera
After uploading, the images were down scaled by WordPress itself. More or less everything is still visible but if someone needs, I can upload the unedited images to some external site.
You need to click on the images individually to enlarge it.
Is the Google Camera Night Sight better on Redmi note 7 Pro or Stock Camera Night Mode?
To find out the exact answer lets analyse few parts of the images captured by the GCam and the stock cam. I have zoomed the stock camera night mode image and the GCam night sight image for comparison.
For this comparison I have not considered the images captured in HDR+ and the Astrophotography mode of the Redmi Note 7 Pro Google Camera. The below comparison is only between stock camera and Google camera on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- The above image is captured by the Redmi note 7 Pro stock camera’s Night mode.
- On the left side of the image is a tree protector which is not at all visible in this image.
- It looks brighter than the normal image but still it failed to capture details. The leaves in the tree and plants look distorted, there are lots of noise in the sky.
- The above image is captured by the Redmi note 7 Pro Google camera’s Night Sight mode.
- On the left side of the image is a tree protector which is clearly visible in this image.
- Overall the image looks brighter than the normal image at the same time the GCam has captured unbelievably more details. The leaves in the tree as well as in the plants look colorful, the sky looks less noisy etc.
I hope the comparison is quite enough to show case the low light image processing capability of Google Camera on Redmi Note 7 Pro. If it is still not enough, I have captured few more shots in different other locations as well. See the below galleries for more.
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 7 Pro?
If you are convinced with the Night Sight feature of Google Camera on Redmi Note 7 Pro and want to install the GCam on your phone then below are some of the compatible GCam downloads: