Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Moto Z is now available to download from an official build. This article explains how to install the official LineageOS 17.1 on Moto Z with a step-by-step guide.
This custom ROM build of “Moto Z LineageOS 17.1” is brought to you by developer DD3Boh, erfanoabdi, shr3ps, stargo, vache. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to DD3Boh, erfanoabdi, shr3ps, stargo, vache and LineageOS project:
– Donate to DD3Boh
– Donate to erfanoabdi
– Donate to shr3ps
– No donation link found for stargo
– Donate to vache
– Donate to LineageOS project
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Moto Z?
First Time Installation of Moto Z LineageOS 17.1 –
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Moto Z LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.
- ADB Sideload the Moto Z LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Moto Z.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Moto Z –
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Moto Z
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Moto Z.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Moto Z, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Moto Z, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Moto Z.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Moto Z you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.3, GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)