MasikX ROM based on MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9 Pro is now available to download and install. This guide provides a direct download link to download the same and a step-by-step guide on how to install MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 9 Pro/9s.
The MIUI 12 was recently released MIUI 12 for many Xiaomi phones. This port of MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9 Pro is brought to you by masikcurtana, Sudeep Duhoon.
This is NOT for the device with codename: JOYEUSE. You have been warned!
This update requires an unlocked bootloader, so you should consider keeping a backup of all the data on your phone.
MIUI 12 Features
The latest MIUI 12 has loads of features that are unmatched with any other custom ROM available out there.
Below are some the noteworthy key features from MIUI 12:
- Dynamic weather that changes the screen based on realtime climate on your place
- New icon animations and visually appealing graphics
- Certified Privacy protection features
- Application behavior is reported to the user to take more control on what to allow and what to restrict
- High-risk behaviors are directly stopped without the intervention of the user
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) application window
- System-wide dark theme that supports thousands of Apps
- Huawei Health now provides Automatic health recording statistics at a very minimal power consumption
- Many more teeny tiny features like Game acceleration, Upcoming: a built-in task organizer and reminder, Smart travel for travel reminders, a minimalistic mode for elders, etc.
Redmi Note 9 Pro MIUI 12 ROM Information
This is the latest MIUI 12 version for the phone and below the details of the current released update file:
- Build date: 2020-07-19
- Security patch: July 2020
- Android version: Android 10
- File size: 2.2 GB
Where to Download MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9 Pro/ 9s?
Below is a direct link to download the recovery flashable OTA zip file:
How To Install MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 9 Pro?
This is an initial MIUI 12 build for the Redmi Note 9 Pro which is a port Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12 build. Follow the below instructions to install this ROM.
Installing MIUI 12 Using TWRP
- Download the Redmi Note 9 Pro MIUI 12 zip file and keep it in your PC (for ADB Sideload method) or copy it to the phone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition.
– If you are coming from the stock MIUI or any other ROM then you have to format data.
– If you are already using MasikX ROM, then, just wipe data and cache and no need to format data.
– If you see the word -dirty- in the Masik ROM filename then you can dirty flash the ROM, then there is no need to wipe or format the data. For dirty flashing just flash the zip file and wipe cache.
- ADB sideload the MIUI 12 zip file
If ADB sideload is not working on recovery, just flash the zip using TWRP or the recovery you are using.
- Once installed, reboot the phone and enjoy MIUI 12 update on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
Rooting the Redmi Note 9 Pro MIUI 12 build
If you want to root your phone, then follow the guide that explains how to root MIUI 12 ROM.
In case you face any problem installing this MIUI 12 update on Redmi Note 9 Pro, you can leave a comment with your concern to get a reply back from someone.