This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 06:09 pm
LineageOS 17 for Mi A3 is now available to download and install from an unofficial build. This step by step guide explains how to install Mi A3 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Mi A3 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer IamJoker03.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi A3, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
What is the status of this Mi A3 LineageOS 17 ROM?
– Almost everything
What are the resources required to install LineageOS 17 on Mi A3?
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Mi A3?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi A3 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Mi A3
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Mi A3 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 17 on Mi A3 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Mi A3 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi A3 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Mi A3 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Then flash the patch_NO_FDE zip file using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Mi A3.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Mi A3 (laurel_sprout):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Mi A3, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Mi A3
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi A3 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi A3, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi A3, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi A3.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Mi A3 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi A3 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)