This post was last updated on March 12th, 2020 at 07:43 am
Many versions of Google Camera or GCam for Mi A3 is available to download which is built by cstark27 and Parrot043. The Mi A3 GCam ports bring Night Sight, Astrophotography and many other features to the phone.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Mi A3.
- GCam 7.3 (Latest Version)
- GCam 6.3
The Google camera 6.3 provides night sight feature and the GCam 7.3 provides Astrophotography mode which is also the latest GCam version to date.
Status of this Mi A3 Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Motion photos (Disable this option otherwise the google camera will crash) [on GCam 6.3]
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Mi A3. If it is not enabled or if you still want to verify, follow the below link:
– Verify and enable Camera2 API if it is required.
How to Install Google Camera on Mi A3?
- Download a GCam APK from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Mi A3.
Default settings for Mi A3 Google Camera (GCam 6.3)
Just disable the motion photos option and then all is good.
Rest assured, everything is fine on this GCam mod of Mi A3 and no other settings you need to touch.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.2 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, so there is no settings that needs to be enabled. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi A3. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Mi A3.