Table of Contents
This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 05:26 pm
This is the Google Camera 7.0 APK for Mi A2 Lite which is based on parrot043’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera 7.0 APK, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
This GCam APK build was not primarily built for Mi A2 Lite, hence expect that not every feature will be working. Never mind to try other Google Camera APK or other Arnova8G2 Google Camera build from the huge list, if few features do not work on this build!
About this Google Camera 7.0 for Mi A2 Lite:
Following are the features and fixes added on the v3.1 build of Google Camera 7.0 app.
- Built by marlin-ku
- Built on top of parrot043’s Google camera mod.
- You can enable Google photos for viewing in the developer’s settings.
- Verified on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with some older firmware EU.
- For whom it does not work, try reinstalling it cleanly. If after that it doesn’t work, ask those who make mods for your phone.
Status of this Mi A2 Lite Google Camera 7.0 APK:
– HDR+ and HDR+ enhanced mode
– Night sight
– Video recording
– Lens Blur
– Time lapse
– Front camera with HDR+ (on MIUI 10.0.13.0)
– Front camera with HDR+ reported to be not working on MIUI 10.0.14.0
Download Google Camera 7.0 APK for Mi A2 Lite
Google Camera 7.0 for Mi A2 Lite
– Download the GCam_7.0.009_A_005-mi-a2-lite.apk file from the select file drop down menu
How to Install Google Camera 7.0 APK on Mi A2 Lite?
- Download the GCam apk 7.0 for Mi A2 Lite from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.0 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
Optimal settings of Google Camera 7.0 on Mi A2 Lite
Following are some of the settings that you can turn on or off to get the most out of this Google Camera app.
It is not mandatory to apply these settings! You can enable or disable the settings as per your taste as well.
- Set camera resolution settings to Pixel 3A
- Go to Advanced Settings and enable the following:
– Enable Show dirty lens warning
– Save selfie as previewed
– Enable HDR+ control
– Enable RAW+JPEG control
– Enable Store videos efficiently
– Enable Quick settings
– Enable Use DCI-P3 color space
– Enable Auto exposure Correction in night mode
– Enable UHD 4K in “Acceleration” mode
– Toggle Disable item “Slow motion” if it is not enabled
- Pull down the quick Settings and set it as follows for the Camera mode:
– Enable HDR+ enhanced
– Disable RAW and keep it only JPEG
- Set the Saturation settings to the following:
– Back camera Highlight saturation: 1.0
– Back camera Shadow saturation: 1.6
– Front camera Highlight saturation: 1.6
– Front camera Shadow saturation: 2.0
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable GCam for Mi A2 Lite.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi A2 Lite. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Mi A2 Lite.