This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 04:55 pm
A working mod of Google Camera 7.1 for Mi A1 is available to download which is based on parrot043’s build. This is an initial port of Google Camera 7.1 APK and not the actual stock Google Camera 7.1, so you can always expect that some features might not be available or just broken!
If this build does not work up to the mark, then you can try other working build of Google camera for Mi A1.
About this Google Camera 7.1 for Mi A1:
Following are the features and fixes added on the parrot043’s ReleasedAplha-v0.1 build of Google Camera 7.1.019 APK:
- First ReleaseBuild based on Gcam 7.1 by parrot043
- Made for devices running on Android 10
- Fixed motion function in 16:9 and 4:3 format
- Fixed crashes on devices such as Mi A1, Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 9, etc.
Status of this Mi A1 Google Camera 7.1 APK:
Download Google Camera 7.1 for Mi A1
How to Install Google Camera 7.1 APK on Mi A1?
To enable Camera2 API you can flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using a custom recovery.
– To be able to flash the Camera2 API zip file, your phone need to be bootloader unlocked and a TWRP recovery has to be installed.
- Download the GCam apk 7.1 for Mi A1 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo and later versions, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.1 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Mi A1 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Mi A1. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable Google Camera 7.1 or earlier stable versions for Mi A1.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi A1. Below forum will have all Google Camera apk for Mi A1.