This post was last updated on July 21st, 2020 at 03:42 pm
All versions of Google Camera for Mi 8 is now available to download. The available GCam ports for Mi 8 are brought to you by developer BSG, Parrot043 and San1ty. This page lists down all Mi 8 compatible GCam APKs including the latest GCam 7.3 as of writing the post.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Mi 8. GCam 7.4 is the latest versions for the phone as of now.
- GCam 7.4 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.2
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
The Google camera 6.2 brings night sight mode on Mi 8 and the GCam 7.x brings the Astrophotography mode. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Mi 8 Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam for Mi 8?
Below are different versions of compatible GCam APK for Mi 8 available to download-
Download GCam 7.4 for Mi 8:
Download GCam 7.3 for Mi 8:
Download GCam 7.2 for Mi 8:
Download GCam 7.0 for Mi 8:
Download GCam 6.2 for Mi 8:
How to Install Google Camera on Mi 8?
- Download the GCam apk 6.2 for Mi 8 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Mi 8.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this) if manually not force enabled:
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in astro mode.
– When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
That’s all for the Mi 8’s Google camera 6.2 with working Night Sight. New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi 8. This page will always list all available working Google Camera for Mi 8.