LineageOS 18 for OnePlus X is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on OnePlus X with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 18 build for OnePlus X is brought to you by developer Raghu Varma.
Follow the links to get other Android 11 builds: Android 11 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
LineageOS 18 development and porting is a voluntary work! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 18 FOR OnePlus X , WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the OnePlus X LineageOS 18 ROM
– Almost Everything, except listed below
Where to download LineageOS 18 for OnePlus X ?
- LineageOS 18 Download for OnePlus X :
- OnePlus X TWRP Download (onyx) for this OnePlus X LineageOS 18 ROM
- GApps for Android 11
- How to Root Android 11
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux / MAC
How to Install LineageOS 18 on OnePlus X ?
Following are the two sub-sections of this OnePlus X LineageOS 18 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 18 for OnePlus X
- Upgrading LineageOS 18 for OnePlus X from a previous build of LineageOS 18 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 18 on OnePlus X
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 18 ROM for OnePlus X and a compatible GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this OnePlus X LineageOS 18 ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for OnePlus X
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the OnePlus X LineageOS 18 ROM file using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the ROM.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the ROM zip file on the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the Android 11 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 11 based LineageOS 18 for OnePlus X .
Upgrading LineageOS 18 on OnePlus X (onyx):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 18 for OnePlus X , Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated ROM for OnePlus X
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the OnePlus X LineageOS 18 update, either using TWRP recovery or ADB Sideload.
- Reboot and see if you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Most Gapps are built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 18 on OnePlus X , then download Android 11 GApps and then flash it.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 18 on OnePlus X , then flash the Magisk rooting package or follow this Android 11 root guide.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 18 on OnePlus X .