Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S3 is now available to download from an unofficial build. This article explains how to install the unofficial Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S3 with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?
- mobile data
- Video playback
- Screen tearings
- Magisk installation cannot be done
- Sometimes the sensor does not work
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S3?
First Time Installation of Galaxy S3 Lineage OS 17.1 –
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Galaxy S3 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 based custom ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Galaxy S3.
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S3.
Upgrading from earlier Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S3:
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S3
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Galaxy S3 Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy S3 you may want to enable ROOT on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page for a compatible GCam for your phone.