The latest, LineageOS 18 for LG V30 is now available from an unofficial build which is brought to you by developer SGCMarkus. LineageOS 18 is the latest build which is based on the latest available Android 11 update.
This post explains how to install LineageOS 18 on LG V30, in a step-by-step guide.
Donation to Developer(s)
LineageOS 18 development and porting is a voluntary work! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project.
– Donate to SGCMarkus
– Donate to LineageOS project
Other Requirements to Install LineageOS 18 on LG V30
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
LG V30 LineageOS 18 System Build Information (latest build)
Build info not extracted
How to Update LG V30 to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
To install LineageOS 18 on a phone, it must have a custom recovery, which in turn, requires an unlocked bootloader.
This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader of LG V30
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Finally, installing LineageOS 18 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on LG V30
Follow this guide to unlock bootloader on LG V30. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of LG V30.
Install custom recovery on LG V30
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on LG V30. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on LG V30.
- TWRP for LG V30 – Follow this guide that explains how to Install TWRP
Install LineageOS 18 on LG V30
- Download the LineageOS 18 ROM for LG V30 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC, if you intend to install it using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode (TWRP, Lineage or any other recovery) and then Wipe the data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install LineageOS 18 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the LineageOS 18 on LG V30.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into LineageOS 18 on LG V30 which is based on Android 11.
After installing the LineageOS 18 ROM you are good to go with the phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to get the most out of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the LineageOS 18 ROM on your LG V30.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera in the Android 11 GCam page for your phone that may run on this LineageOS 18 ROM.
Also, visit the LG V30 (h930) page to get other Android 11 ROMs or other device specific topics.