A working mod of Google Camera 7.0 or GCam for LG G8X ThinQ running on Android 10 or Android Pie is now available to download which is built by BSG. This build of GCam 7.0 for LG G8X ThinQ has not been verified for working and non-working features.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.0.009, hence you get the same on this GCam for LG G8X ThinQ, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of LG G8X ThinQ GCam 7.0.009
Google Camera 7.0.009 is compatible with Android Pie and up. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.0 for LG G8X ThinQ.
– Verify and Install Camera2 API if it is required.
Where to Download Google Camera / GCam for LG G8X ThinQ?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for LG G8X ThinQ:
Google Camera 7.0 for LG G8X ThinQ
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on LG G8X ThinQ?
- Download the GCam 7.0 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on LG G8X ThinQ.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on LG G8X ThinQ Google Camera 7.0?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for LG G8X ThinQ. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Settings to enable astrophotography mode
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK for LG G8X ThinQ
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for the LG G8X ThinQ’s Google camera 7.0 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for LG G8X ThinQ.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for LG G8X ThinQ. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for LG G8X ThinQ.