A Couple of months ago, Xiaomi launched Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro smartphones. Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T pro are also known as Xiaomi Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro in some markets. If you looking for a guide or tutorial to unlock bootloader Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you how to unlock Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro bootloader. Just follow the article step by step.
There are many advantages of the unlock bootloader like-
- you can install custom recoveries like TWRP and CWM
- You can root your phone.
- You can flash any custom ROMs on your phone.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
How to Unlock Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro Bootloader
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop for this procedure.
- Before start this procedure, make sure to take a full backup of your phone. unlocking bootloader will wipe your all phone data and media.
- Make sure that your phone charged up to 60%.
- This article is only for Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro. Don’t try this on other devices.
- Make sure you Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi unlock tool on your PC/laptop.
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options: Settings>>Developer options
Unlock Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro bootloader
- Download and install Xiaomi Mi unlock tool on your PC or Laptop from above link.
- Now go to the extracted Xiaomi Mi unlock tool folder and run the tool.
- Now, log in using your Mi Account. If you don’t have, create first.
- After logged in, you will get a pop-up message on the screen “You device isn’t supported by Xiaomi Unlock”. Don’t worry, click on go button. This will take you to the Mi Unlock page.
- Now, click on unlock now button, it will ask you to log in again, fill the required details and proceed to enter your mobile number.
- To verify your phone number, you will receive an OTP. Enter the code to verify.
- Now, you are successfully registered in the bootloader unlocking program. It will take 3-5 days to verify your application.
- You will get an email or text on your phone number when your application is verified.
- After your application approved, you will get a new OTP on your phone number. Go to the unlocking page and enter the received OTP to verify.
- Open the Xiaomi Mi unlock tool application, connect your phone to PC or Laptop via USB cable and press the unlock button.
- The process will take a few seconds to unlock your phone bootloader.
That’s it, your Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro bootloader are unlocked now. You can install custom recoveries, flash custom ROMs and you can also root your device. If you faced any problem or issue during the procedure, feel free to contact us via comment section.
Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T specs and features
Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro come with the same 6.39-inch bezel-less display panel that supports 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The Mi 9T has AMOLED display panel while the Mi 9T Pro comes with Super AMOLED display panel. Both the phone’s display panel protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and support HDR feature. They run on Android 9.0 Pie Operating system out of the box along with MIUI 10 UI running on top. They also have under-display fingerprint scanner too. Both the Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro packed with Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery inside the body. The Mi 9T supports Fast battery charging 18W feature while the Mi 9T Pro supports Fast battery charging 27W (Quick Charge 4+) feature.
Xiaomi Mi 9T powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm) processor under the hood along with Adreno 618 GPU. While the Mi 9T Pro comes with Octa-Core Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) processor on board along with Adreno 640 GPU. Both the phones have triple camera sensors on the backside along with LED flash. The cameras configuration are a 48-megapixel main wide camera with f/1.8 aperture, 26mm, 1/2″, 0.8µm and PDAF, 8-megapixel telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 53mm, 1/4″, 1.12µm, PDAF and 2x optical zoom and 13-megapixel ultrawide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 12mm, 1/3″ and 1.12µm features. On the front side, there is a Motorized pop-up 20-megapixel camera for selfies.