If you are looking to update Android Pie for Redmi Note 3, then here I have list of Android 9 Pie ROMs for Redmi Note 3 and a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Redmi Note 3.
The Redmi Note 3 (codename: kenzo) was launched with Android Lollipop, and the last it was upgraded to Android Nougat.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 3:
Following Custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 3 based on Android 9 Pie:
Redmi Note 3 Android 9 Pie ROM list
|AOSP Android 9 ROM||AOSP Android Pie for Redmi Note 3|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 3:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Redmi Note 3 ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 3:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 3 from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3 using fastboot.– To install the TWRP recovery on the phone needs to have an unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 3
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– Don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROMs available for Redmi Note 3 and copy the file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install ROM zip using TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9 Pie GApps, copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Android Pie ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Redmi Note 3.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.– This step is not necessary to run Android Pie smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM then you need to follow this step.