If you are looking to update Android Oreo for Xperia Z5, then here I have list of Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs for Xperia Z5 and a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Oreo on Xperia Z5.
The Xperia Z5 (codename: sumire) was last updated to Android Nougat?, and may not get any OFFICIAL Android Oreo updated.
Almost all Android phone manufacturers provide 2 years of official update and some manufacturers like Xiaomi do support for a longer term for their Android devices but the official updates do come very late.
It’s the custom ROM builds that keep the devices alive by providing latest Android updates there after. This is the primary reason I have brought you here, how to update Xperia Z5 to Android Oreo 8.1 custom ROM.
Android Oreo 8.1 Custom ROMs available for Xperia Z5:
As of now following are the Android Oreo Custom ROMs available for Xperia Z5 based on Android 8.1:
Xperia Z5 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM list
|LineageOS 15.1 Oreo 8.1||LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z5|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z5:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Xperia Z5 OREO ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 8.1 Oreo on Xperia Z5:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Xperia Z5 from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Xperia Z5 using fastboot.
– To install the TWRP recovery on it needs to an unlock bootloader on Xperia Z5
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery
– Don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Oreo ROMs available for Xperia Z5 and copy the Oreo ROM file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install the Oreo ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Optional but recommended:
– Download Android Oreo 8.1 GApps, copy that to your phone and then Install Oreo GApps using TWRP
– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Oreo ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Oreo on Xperia Z5.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
– This step is not necessary to run Android Oreo smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Oreo ROM then you need to follow this step.
If you are facing any issue while following this guide, then you can comment here or you can create a topic on the Xperia Z5 Forum or on the respective Oreo Custom ROM topics.