Xperia XZ2 was released recently and now we have a working port of GCam for Xperia XZ2 available to download. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by BSG.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Xperia XZ2
- GCam 8.1 (Latest Version)
The GCam 7.x versions(s) bring Astrophotography mode, better night sight pictures on Xperia XZ2, and variants along with other older features such as HDR+, Timelapse, portrait mode, etc. The available GCam ports are compatible with Android 10.
Status of this Xperia XZ2 Google Camera
– HDR+ Enhanced
– Portrait mode
– Night Sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install Google Camera on Xperia XZ2?
- Download any GCam APK file from the above download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature-packed Google Camera APK on Xperia XZ2.
New features keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Xperia XZ2. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Xperia XZ2.