Google camera enhances the photography experience on any phone it works. Today we have a working port(s) of Google Camera (or) GCam for Redmi 9. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by Arnova8G2, Nikita and Urnyx05.
Available GCam versions for Redmi 9
Below are the available version(s) of Google Camera APK for Redmi 9
- GCam 7.3 (RECOMMENDED)
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 6.1
The GCam 7.x versions(s) bring Astrophotography mode and better night sight mode to the Redmi 9 along with other older features such as HDR+, Timelapse, portrait mode, etc. The available GCam port(s) are compatible on Android 10.
Status of this Redmi 9 Google Camera
– All basic features
– Nothing reported yet
If in case you have found any issue with the given Google Camera for Redmi 9 which is not mentioned above, Help us by mentioning the issues in comments, Our Fix google camera issues post may help you to fix the issues on your own.
How to Install Google Camera APK on Redmi 9?
- Download any GCam APK file from the above download link(s).
- To install apps from a third-party app other than Play Store you need to enable app installation from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature-packed Google Camera APK on Redmi 9.
How to Install xml config file on Nikita’s GCam 7.4?
- Download one of the xml config file (UK_Nikita_V2_R9.xml or UK_Nikita_V2_R9_2.xml) from the above download link of Nikita’s GCam 7.4.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file there:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter) under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs7 (C in capital letter) under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
New features are keep coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi 9. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Redmi 9.